UNSW Open Day is fast approaching and will be held on Saturday, 7th September. If you are looking for UNSW accommodation for 2014 then don’t miss the opportunity to visit New College on Open Day. Tours our residential accommodation will be running between 10am and 4pm. An information stall will also be located at the Scientia Building during the day.
New College UNSW is far more than just a place to live while you study at UNSW. The New College student experience will make coming to University one of the most exciting and memorable times of your life!
It is a place that enriches the lives of students through academic support, pastoral care, a vibrant social and sporting calendar, artistic and cultural events and opportunities to explore the Christian faith.
Founded on Christian faith and values, the College warmly welcomes students of all faiths or none, from every culture and background. The College imposes no test of religious belief on applicants or Collegians.
In terms of serving society, New Collegians lead the UNSW student body by the example they set volunteering within and outside their residential community. This takes many forms but one prominent initiative is a partnership with the remote NSW community of Bourke, where NC students volunteer among the local youth during university vacations.
To ensure new students make a good transition to university life, New College offers:
- Breakfast and twice-daily hot meals in buffet style, seven days a week, with vegetarian options on request
- A unique system of group common rooms that enables students to meet and mingle in a relaxed social environment
- Rooms with Internet connection and private telephones, plus a wireless network in many parts of the building.
- Weekly College laundering services forlinen and access to shared laundry facilities for the laundering of personal items
- Individual room heating
- Study, music, games, library, meeting and television rooms for student use
The facilities, rooms and bedrooms are all modern and of excellent quality, as the entire interior of the College was refurbished and renovated just over one year ago.